Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mom & Dad Quizzes

My sister-in-law Kristi had a really darling inter-change between her and her daughter Siera in the form of a Mom quiz. So I have spent the day today interviewing the kids about me and their Dad. I guess I was looking for some koodos and I got them along with some other funny things. Just thought I would share.

1.What is something Mom always says to you?
Caleb-Do your jobs.
Harmony-Go do your jobs.
Daniel-Go to your room.
( I am so positive)
2.What makes Mom happy?
Caleb-doing my jobs without her asking and some other stuff.
Harmony-when I write her letters.
Daniel-me loving her.
3.What makes Mom sad?
Caleb-When I drop the baby.
Harmony-when Nana died.
Daniel-me not making good choices.
4.How does Mom make you laugh?
Caleb-Taking “the Mom Quiz”
Harmony- When she dances when Macklyn is here.
Daniel-tickling me ha ha ha.
5.What was Mom like as a child?
Caleb-Unfortunate. (I asked him what he meant by that and he said “because you didn’t have the technology we have”)
Harmony-She was nice to people.
Daniel-Petting dogs a lot.
6.How old is your Mom?
Caleb-(laughing) 31 ( I asked him why he was laughing and he said “doesn’t this embarrass you?”, in truth 30 was why more embarrassing than 31.
Harmony-31
Daniel-31
7.How tall is your Mom?
Caleb-5’2” is that right? (No)
Harmony-10 feet (closer)
Daniel-Bigger than a dog. (True)
8.What is her favorite thing to do?
Caleb-Blog. (then I gave him a funny look, and he said “Spend time with her family.”) that is the right answer son.
Harmony- Spending time with me.
Daniel-watch me play video games. (hmmm)
9.What does your Mom do when you are not around?
Caleb-Play with the baby
Harmony-Do the laundry.
Daniel-I do not know. (in his mind I stop exisitng when he is not around)
10.If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Caleb- to be the prophet or the president of the United States. (so cute)
Harmony-a book writer
Daniel-A fire fighter. (hmmm)
11.What is your Mom really good at?
Caleb-Being a Mom, I guess.
Harmony-drawing ( I didn’t know that.)
Daniel-Kicking butt.(He knows this on a personal level)
12.What is your Mom not very good at?
Caleb-Remembering early out day. (true, true)
Harmony-Dancing (true, true)
Daniel-shaking her bootie. (out of the mouth of 2 witnesses)
13.What does your Mom do for her job?
Caleb-work s for Morrell Family Charities.
Harmony-Taking care of the baby.
Daniel-Go clean my room.
14.What is your Mom’s favorite food.
Caleb-Salsa (Kelly’s salsa yum)
Harmony-Guacamole
Daniel-Cheese hamburger (which is totally different than a cheese burger...I guess)
15.What makes you proud of your Mom?
Caleb-that she is the only one in our house that can cook.
Harmony-when she is proud of me I am proud of her. (very wise)
Daniel-You cleaning my room. (yeah I am not doing that anymore)
16.If your Mom were a cartoon character who would she be?
Caleb-Gabriella Montes (he won’t tell me why though.)
Harmony-Cinderella because she is always cleaning.
Daniel-Cinderella
17.What do you and your Mom do together?
Caleb-anything she wants to do….for 15 minutes.
Harmony-ride bikes.
Daniel-hug and kiss

18.How are you and your Mom the same?
Caleb-we have got the same color hair.
Harmony-because we both love cleaning. (she likes the process I like the result)
Daniel-we kiss at the same time.
19.How are you and your Mom different?
Caleb-she is a girl and I am a boy (No one else knew that!)
Harmony-We like different clothes. (this is a serious issue)
Daniel-she is big and I am small.
20. How do you know your Mom loves you?
Caleb-cause she feeds me.
Harmony-because she does lots of things for me.
Daniel-we have Mommy and Daniel time together.

Dad Quiz:

1.What is something Dad always says to you?
Caleb-How’s my big C?
Harmony- Be quiet.
Daniel-Go to your room.
2.What makes Dad happy?
Caleb-When I do something right.
Harmony-When I tease him.
Daniel-me hugging him.
3.What makes Dad sad?
Caleb-When Mom leaves.
Harmony-playing cards with him because he wants me to win.
Daniel-Eva not kissing him.
4.How does Dad make you laugh?
Caleb-When he tells his best jokes
Harmony-When we wrestle and I punch him in the face.
Daniel-When he tickles me.
5.What was Dad like as a child?
Caleb-Missing his dog
Harmony-He broke his ankle when he was riding his bike with his friends.
Daniel-wrestling with his Dad.
6.How old is your Dad?
Caleb and Harmony-32
Daniel-32
7. How tall is your Dad?
Caleb-6’
Harmony-6’2”
Daniel-bigger than a dog
8.What is his favorite thing to do?
Caleb-Make salsa
Harmony-Play soccer with the family.
Daniel-He likes to build stuff.
9.What does your Dad do when you are not around?
Caleb-Sleep
Harmony-he goes to Bishop work
Daniel-we don’t know what he is doing cause we are not there.
10.If your Dad becomes famous, what will it be for?
Caleb-What do you mean, he is famous.
Harmony-a rock star.
Daniel-a policeman
(He has quite the fan club already)
11.What is your Dad really good at?
Caleb-running around looking for the baby
Harmony-Singing
Daniel-getting the baby out of her crib.
12.What is your Dad not very good at?
Caleb-Burning garlic bread ( I guess this makes him good at garlic bread)
Harmony-the splits
Daniel-he can’t build my treasure box.
13.What does your Dad do for his job?
Caleb-Seminary
Harmony-teach lessons
Daniel-Makes stuff
14.What is your Dad’s favorite food.
Caleb-anything Mom makes
Harmony-salsa
Daniel-Pizza
15. What makes you proud of your Dad?
Caleb-His salsa-it is world famous after all.
Harmony-When he is proud of me I am proud of him.
Daniel-fixing my toys
16. If your Dad were a cartoon character who would he be?
Caleb-Indiana Jones
Harmony-Napoleon Dynamite (his 2 boys think he is a super hero and Harm thinks he is a nerd.)
Daniel- Batman
17.What do you and your Dad do together?
Caleb-kick video game butt.
Harmony-cuddle
Daniel-build stuff
18.How are you and your Dad the same?
Caleb-we both kick video game butt.
Harmony-we are both good at soccer.
Daniel-We both have big heads (ha ha)
19.How are you and your Dad different?
Caleb-I kick more video game butt than him.
Harmony-I am a girl and he is a boy.
Daniel-I am smaller and he is bigger.
20. How do you know your Dad loves you?
Caleb-He gives us allowance.
Harmony-because he kisses me.
Daniel-because he spanks me (everytime Kel spanks him he tells Daniel that this is loving him)

6 comments:

LaNae said...

At least you just make Harm laugh when you dance with Macklyn there. Macklyn would say to me, "That is so embarrassing" and it would give her embarrass chills.

Very, Very Cute! I loved the whole thing!

Tara said...

Ok I am laughing so hard right now! I love this! Those answers are great. You need to save this forever. I especially love smarty pants Caleb and how you were unfortunate without the current technology. That kid is genius!

Gosh give them all kisses for me. I just love them!!

p.s. I also love how Daniel is the little trouble maker in the family. He's so freakin cute!

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I love it.

I'm horrible at Early-Out days too. I finally set my cell phone to ring 20 min. before they get out so I won't forget anymore. So sad.

Kristi Amasio said...

Oh my goodness. Those 3 kids are such smartie pants! Harmony's answers are so perfect and right on. Daniel cracks me up. I love the bigger than a dog comment and the spanking because I love you. I remember our parents saying that to us. Caleb, man he just reminds me of Kel. It sounds like he is so into electronics just like his Dad. You have such great kids Cherish! I just want to squeeze the heck out of them after reading all that.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

This is so darling, I'm going to pass this on to my daughter. You guys are great parents and your children are all amazing, I want your little cleaner.

What do you hear about you new kids?

Katie said...

Hilarious, hilarious and so true. They are so acurate! haha. I love Daniel's big head comment. And all the other ones mentioned here in the other comments. Funny. I wish my kids were old enough to talk so I could quiz them.