Sunday, July 26, 2009

Caleb is 10-I have been a mother for a decade!

How did this happen! It has gone so quickly. I distinctly remember that yesterday Caleb was this tiny baby that would grab a piece of my hair to rub on his face to sleep. And today this is what he looked like!
He is a handsome and smart kid!

He had a great party for his birthday. He created this invitation:He had about 12 boys and 2 girls (one being Harmony) come to save the Pokemon. The practiced light saber skills on the wii, then the empire and the rebellion got into a sticker war and the empire cheated and won. So after that the jedi council had a jedi training course, and a treasure hunt to save the Pokemon and find Caleb's presents. Kelly and I were som busy managing all this that all we got was a few group pictures. Here is one:


A great lady in our ward named Sara Grant created this masterpeice of a birthday cake.

Caleb was so amazed. He said " Wow, My first professional birthday cake!" and I said "Your only professional birthday cake." he replied, "At least, until I get married." I guess one of the qualifications of his future wife is professional cake making. Get going girls!

One of the highlights of the summer for Caleb has been tubing behind the boat. He could live there, he even likes getting dumped off!


We also went on a fun hike up battle creek canyon.





The boys in the family are confirmed fishermen! After many attempts this summer they finally had success up at mirror lake at the father and son's camp out, where between them they caught 6 fish!

Back in May at school, Caleb's Spanish program put on a dance festival. It was fantastic! Caleb's class sang two songs and danced a partner dance.


Caleb is such a joy in our family. He is the peacemaker and the commandment keeper. He is a powerful Son of God and we feel privileged to be a part of his life. We love you Caleb!

3 comments:

Destiny said...

Holy smokes! I can't believe your ten Caleb!! I am so glad you rescued the pokemon from the Star Wars bad guys! I loved your b-day invitation it was so cool!! You are such a sweetheart Caleb, and I am excited that you will be a great example to Tyce as he gets older. We love you and we miss you!! Happy Birthday!

Heidi Brown said...

You are getting so old! I had so much fun spending those couple of months with you! Elyn loves you so much! Thank you for all your help with him, and we can't wait to see you soon! I love you and Miss you. Happy Birthday big guy!

Russ & Aubrie said...

Oh my gosh!! Brother Newman!! It has been forever!!(This is Aubrie, You taught me at Alta!! Hopefully you still remember me!! lol) Your family is so so cute!! Harmony was like 2 when I last saw her!! are you still teaching? Your family is doing such amazing things!! I am so jealous!! Anyway, I am so glad I found your family blog!!