Sunday, August 10, 2008

More Israel

This spot was my favorite of the whole trip. It is the garden tomb. Inside the door behind us are two rooms about 10x10 each. In the second room is a part in the floor that had been carved out for a body.

Our guide told us that at least two prophets have come to this tomb and confirmed that this is the tomb that Christ was buried in. (President Kimball and President Hunter).

More than that is the beautiful spirit that exists there. This spot is kind of smack in the middle of the city. But they have converted this little area into a beautiful garden. You cannot hear the city noises from inside. There is a lot of shade and places to sit and worship.

I was overwhelmed to tears of the reality of the Savior's death and more importantly His Resurrection.




It was incredible!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

LaNae said...

Cherish, I can feel the spirit through your words. You'll have to let me see all the photos and tell me more stories.

Caldwells said...

Wow. Amazing! I didn't know you went, but I am so jealous. You have me over here all teary-eyed too just thinking of standing in the very spot where Christ was.

Garet and Andrea said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip. I can't wait til Garet and I can go visit spiritual places. Hope you guys are doing great. We are always thinking of ya.

Kevin said...

Wow! That is amazing. I am so excited for all of you that you all got to go. Amazing.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Oh my, to be in the tomb where our saviour was lade and where he rose. I'm sure that when I see you again I can touch you and feel that peace.