Wednesday, May 14, 2008

California Adventure
























Highlights at California Adventure:

Harmony: She had wanted her face painted at Disneyland the day before, but it was $17 ! I told her I had some make up back at the condo and would paint her face for CA. Luckily she is young enough not to realize the artistic difference between a $17 and a free Mom job, she was happy just to be painted. Her favorite ride was "Soarin over California"

Daniel: Daniel's favorite ride was "Tower of Terror" (yeah, he barely made the height requirement.) However we didn't realize just how excited he was. Just as we got in the inside part of the ride he started wiggling and saying he had to go potty. We told him it was too late and that he just had to wait and hold it. Yeah like he has any control by that time! So yes, he peed right there on the floor just as we were about to get on the ride. When we got out I went to the ride operators and asked if we could get a front of the line pass for after we changed him. They went above and beyond-not only did they give us a pass, he also gave us a certificate for a free pair of pants for Daniel! We thought that gesture definitely outweighed the $8 pizza slice we got for lunch.

Caleb: Caleb loved, loved the "Screamin' Roller Coaster" (which so did I, so I was happy to go on it over and over again with him). It is the fastest, funnest roller coaster we have ever been on. I am so proud of my brave amusement park kids, especially because I love amusement parks so much.

Kelly: The motion sickness patch was his highlight, so that his stomach could keep up with our adventure. However he didn't dare tempt fate by riding the whirly, twirly kids rides, that falls into mine and Grandma's duties, we have the stomaches of steel.

Eva: She was just happy whenever someone was kind enough to rescue her from the stroller. She was able to ride lots of the kiddie rides and she seemed to like that. However she did not like the 3-D rides that all randomly squirt cold water in her face.

Cherish: One of my favorite rides is the "Bug's Life 3-D" ride. At one point it feels like little bugs are crawling under your feet and bum. I don't know why that cracks me up so much, especially because I hate crawling things, but it does. I feel like a bad mom though as it is happening and I am laughing my head off while half the kids are crying their eyes out!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I loved the Screaming Roller Coaster too. I was worried because I have a stomach like Kelly's, but I did fine and loved it. In fact I was laughing during the ride so hard. Kev asked me at the end why I was laughing and all I could say was that I didn't know what else to do. Loved it! We need to go back to Disneyland/Califonia adventures when we get home - love the happiest place on earth!

Unknown said...

Ha! I love you Cherish. I'd have been laughing while my kids cried about the creeping bug feeling too. I'm so glad you had a fun time. We need to take our kids to Disney soon. When we're ready I'll have to have you help me learn the tricks to a good trip.

Tara said...

How fun! Ok I love that you painted Harmony's face. That is hilarious. It looks really good though!!

Katie said...

That´s so great that the nausea patch worked for Kel. Isaac still cracks up when we talk about Kelly puking on him at Universal Studios. That cracks me up when you get all giggly about the bugs on your bum. They´re not that fun in real life, my bed/house is full of ém. lol